Welcome back! Orientation day 2024-2025 School Year

Dear Parents,

 My name is Mr. Sorvas, and it is my pleasure to teach your child this year. I am looking forward to a successful and fruitful year together.

 I moved to Taiwan in 2016 and now live in Taipei with my wife and our adorable daughter. This is my fifth year at Lih-Jen, and I have eight years of teaching experience. I am excited to embark on my nineth year of teaching with your child. I believe in setting high expectations for all of my students, as they thrive on challenges and enjoy being trusted to overcome them. Through this journey, students will take ownership of their learning. Together, we will have a fantastic and successful school year.

 Please feel free to visit our class blog at (lihjentheo.blogspot.com). If you have any questions or feedback, do not hesitate to contact me. My contact information is provided below.

 Best regards,

Mr. Sorvas

Email: theo@ljjhps.tp.edu.tw

Phone: 0968-622-186

Student’s School Supply List

Book Cover

Size (Length)

Amount

Communication Book

21cm

1

English Writing books

26cm

3

Softcover Journey
Grammar
Math 6A
Science

** Please bring books to the stationary store  to ensure the correct size **

4

GME, Vocab, PET

30cm

3

      1 glue/ glue stick/ double-sided tape

      1 pair of scissors

    2 different color pens (blue & black only)

    2 pens in different colors (*NO red; to be used for correcting work)

    1-2 white-out tape /correction tape

    1 pencil

    1 eraser

    1 pencil sharpener

    2 highlighters

    1 box of color pencils or color markers

      1 L-shape / U-shape document cover

      20 pocket-sleeves folder for Leadership folder (*new students only)

      2 packs of tissue paper

      1 bag to carry English books  (英文課專用書包)

      1 mini-whiteboard, whiteboard eraser, and whiteboard marker

 

       1 English book to share with their classmates (to be put in the class library*This book will be returned at the end of the year*)

 

Homework 8/30

1.    Bring summer vacation homework & school supplies by Monday, September 2, 2024.

2.    Parents write Contact Info inside the Comm. Book Cover.

3.    Put Book Cover on Comm. book & English Writing Books.

4.    Prepare to share about your summer or your poster.

5.    Bring a 3-ring binder for Leadership Notebook

 

Grade 6

Week 2

Journeys:

Lesson 1: Song for the Whales

 

 

Live

Present Tenses

English

 p. 2-4

Spelling &

disclose, mute, pressure, revision, wry, realize,

Vocab

hesitate, torment, puzzle, glance

Creative

My Summer Vacation

Writing

 

 

Science

Unit 1: Materials & their Properties

My Pals 5B

 

 

Math

Ch 1. Units 1-2

Prime 6A

Weekly

The shy boy disclosed his love for the pretty girl.

Sentences

Every time the phone rings, my dad mutes the TV.

 

They pressured him to try smoking a cigarette.

 

She smiled at his wry little joke.

 

She hesitated before making the revisions.

Tests

Lesson 1 Spelling-Vocabulary quiz on Friday, September 6

 

Comments